March 2, 2013
SMU vs. Wisconsin
SMU Season Stats
LUBBOCK, Texas (SMU) --- The SMU women's tennis team won for the fifth time in the last six matches with a 4-3 victory over Wisconsin on Saturday. The Mustangs won all four of their points in singles.
"Great 4-3 win," said head coach Kati Gyulai. "We are pleased with the outcome. Job well done."
The match started with Wisconsin taking the doubles point. SMU got its win at No. 2 as Edyta Cieplucha and Yana Erkeeva won 8-3.
In singles, the Mustangs earned the four points by winning at No. 3 through No. 6. Hristina Dishkova won in straight sets 6-1, 6-3 at No. 3. Elena Fayner also swept at No. 4 with a dominating 6-0, 6-1 performance. Yana Erkeeva took the No. 5 match 6-2, 6-3. At No. 6, Holly Verner went three sets to earn the 3-6, 6-1, 6-1 decision.
The Mustangs host Tulsa on Friday at noon at Northwood Country Club.
Tennis Match Results
Wisconsin vs SMU
Mar 02, 2013 at Lubbock, Texas
SMU 4, Wisconsin 3
1. Hannah Berner (WIS) def. #94 Edyta Cieplucha (SMU) 6-1, 7-6
2. Lauren Chypyha (WIS) def. Vaszilisza Bulgakova (SMU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-2
3. Hristina Dishkova (SMU) def. Lauren Burich (WIS) 6-1, 6-3
4. Elena Fayner (SMU) def. Katie Hoch (WIS) 6-0, 6-1
5. Yana Erkeeva (SMU) def. Anastasia Tripolskay (WIS) 6-2, 6-3
6. Holly Verner (SMU) def. Helen Rabot (WIS) 3-6, 6-1, 6-1
1. Hannah Berner/Lauren Chypyha (WIS) def. Hristina Dishkova/Holly Verner (SMU) 8-3
2. Edyta Cieplucha/Yana Erkeeva (SMU) def. Katie Hoch/Anastasia Tripolskay (WIS) 8-3
3. Lauren Burich/Helen Rabot (WIS) def. Vaszilisza Bulgakova/Elena Fayner (SMU), by default