Feb. 23, 2013
SMU at Texas State - Stats
SMU Season Stats
SAN MARCOS, Texas (SMU) --- The SMU women's tennis team extended its winning streak to four matches with a 7-0 win at Texas State on Saturday. After winning all three doubles matches, the Mustangs then took the top five singles matches in straight sets.
"We are pleased with the 7-0 win," said head coach Kati Gyulai. "We did a good job closing out matches both in doubles and in singles."
No. 93 Edyta Cieplucha and No. 118 Aleksandra Malyarchikova continued to lead at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, respectively. Cieplucha won 6-4, 6-1 while Malyarchikova took a 6-2, 6-2 victory. At No. 3, Vaszilisza Bulgakova was the first to complete her sweep with a quick 6-2, 6-1 decision.
Yana Erkeeva was the second player finished as she recorded a 6-1, 6-3 victory at No. 5. In the No. 4 spot, Hristina Dishkova won 6-4, 6-3. Holly Verner ended the 7-0 contest with a three-set 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 triumph at No. 6.
The Mustangs started ny taking all three doubles matches en route to the opening point. Malyarchikova and Bulgakova won 8-4 at No. 1; Dishkova and Verner paired for the 8-3 victory at No. 2; and Cieplucha and Erkeeva earned an 8-5 decision at No. 3.
SMU's next match is at Texas Tech on March 1 at 5 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
SMU vs Texas State
Feb 23, 2013 at San Marcos, Texas
SMU 7, Texas State 0
1. #93 Edyta Cieplucha (SMU) def. Jessica Kahts (TXST) 6-4, 6-1
2. #118 Aleks Malyarchikova (SMU) def. Melissa Hadad (TXST) 6-2, 6-2
3. Vaszilisza Bulgakova (SMU) def. Monica Pieratt (TXST) 6-2, 6-1
4. Hristina Dishkova (SMU) def. Rachel Baldree (TXST) 6-4, 6-3
5. Yana Erkeeva (SMU) def. Katy Collins (TXST) 6-1, 6-3
6. Holly Verner (SMU) def. B. Van Den Bergh (TXST) 6-1, 2-6, 6-4
1. Aleks Malyarchikova/Vaszilisza Bulgakova (SMU) def. Jessica Kahts/Melissa Hadad (TXST) 8-4
2. Hristina Dishkova/Holly Verner (SMU) def. Rachel Baldree/Monica Pieratt (TXST) 8-3
3. Edyta Cieplucha/Yana Erkeeva (SMU) def. Mariana Perez/B. Van Den Bergh (TXST) 8-5
Texas State 3-3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (3,5,1,4,2,6)