April 29, 2013
INDIANAPOLIS (SMU) - The SMU Mustangs were among those selected by the NCAA Division I Women's Golf Committee to participate in the 2013 NCAA Division I Women's Golf Regionals. SMU will play in the Central Regional at the Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club in Norman, Okla, May 9-11.
The selection marks SMU's first appearance as a team at an NCAA Regional since the Mustangs competed at the NCAA Central Regional in 2007. SMU has already competed at the Jimmie Austin this season, finishing fifth at the Susie Maxwell Berning Classic hosted by Oklahoma on Oct. 15-17.
A total of 378 participants have been selected for regional competition. Of these players, 126 will advance to the championships finals. Eight teams and two individuals will advance from each regional.
The championships finals will be held May 21-24 at the University of Georgia Golf Course in Athens, Georgia and will be hosted by the University of Georgia.
1. Duke (ACC)
5. Arizona State
6. UC-Davis (Big West Conference)
7. Texas Tech
8. North Carolina State
9. Michigan State
10. Iowa State
13. Coastal Carolina (Big South Conference)
14. Wake Forest
17. Indiana University, Bloomington
19. Mississippi State
21. Lamar (Southland Conference)
22. Illinois State (Missouri Valley Conference)
23. Detroit Mercy (Horizon League)
24. Butler (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
1. Fanny Cnops, UNC-Greensboro
2. Lori Beth Adams, UNC-Wilmington
3. Emma Henrikson, San Diego State
4. Julia Roth, Central Arkansas
5. Paige Spiranic, San Diego State
6. Christine Wong, San Diego State