Jan. 28, 2012
DALLAS (AP) -- Jordan Clarkson had 22 points, six assists and four blocked shots as Tulsa defeated SMU 66-60 Saturday.
Clarkson hit 9 of 14 fields goals, including 3 of 4 3-point attempts, for the Golden Hurricane (13-9, 6-2 Conference USA), who won their sixth straight game. Scottie Haralson added 17 points, and Eric McClellan had 10.
The Mustangs grabbed their only lead of the game when Jalen Jones converted a three-point play and London Giles followed with a jumper to put SMU ahead 40-37 with 16:28 remaining. Clarkson responded with a layup and McClellan hit a 3-pointer to spark an 8-0 run that put Tulsa back on top for good.
SMU pulled within 58-54 with 1:54 remaining, but Clarkson hit a 3-pointer and then scored on a fast-break dunk to put the game out of reach.
The Mustangs hit the road for their next game Wednesday, Feb. 1 when they take on East Carolina in Greenville, N.C. Tipoff is set for 6:00 p.m. CT. Live audio, live stats and live video will be available at smumustangs.com.
Tulsa 66 at SMU 60
Tulsa Golden Hurricane (13-9, 6-2 C-USA), SMU Mustangs (10-11, 2-5 C-USA)
January 28, 2012
at East Carolina Pirates
Wed., Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT
Radio: KAAM 770 AM
Audio & Video: SMUMustangs.com
- SMU is 6-2 at Moody Coliseum this season, and 20-7 in the last 27 games on campus
- SMU had 10 steals (season high - 12)
- SMU had 22 bench points
- Scored 18 points
- Has 1218 career points (now 23rd at SMU)
- Scored 10+ points for 18th time this season
- Was 3-4 on 3FG
- Has 238 career 3FG (3rd at SMU)
- Is 7-10 on 3FG in last two games
- Had 4 rebounds
- Added 2 steals and a block
- Scored a career-high 10 points
- Was 4-4 FG; 2-2 on 3FG
- Added an assist and a steal
- Scored 8 points
- Had a career-high 2 blocks
- Grabbed 3 rebounds
- Added a steal