|MORE IN SAAC
| » SAAC Home
| » Officers and Representatives
| » SAAC Bylaws
| » SAAC Meeting Schedule
| » SAAC Minutes
| » SAAC Newsletters
| » SAAC Photo Gallery
| » NCAA D-I SAAC Webpage
| » Mustang Cup Competition
| » Student-Athlete Banquet
| » Student-Athlete Life Skills
Get Social With Us:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/smulifeskills
TWITTER - @SMU_SAAC #OURVoice
DI National SAAC - @Div1SAAC
What is SAAC?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a partnership of the student-athletes representing all 17 sports at SMU. SAAC provides insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses. Presently, there are separate national SAACs for NCAA Divisions I, II and III. NCAA legislation mandates that all member institutions have SAACs on their respective campuses. Further, NCAA legislation requires that all member conferences have SAACs.
"The mission of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image." (NCAA)
What Does a SAAC Representative Do?
- Attend all SAAC meetings and related events.
- Serve as liaison between the member's respective sport to the committee and the SMU athletic department.
- To inform members of issues and legislation affecting their lives on and off the field.
- To enhance the collegiate experience for all SMU student-athletes.
- To take an active role in the SMU and DFW Community.
- To serve as an advocate for student-athlete welfare.
- Serve on at least one sub-committee with active involvement.
- Know, understand, and follow the SAAC by-laws.
- Assist in the growth and development of SAAC.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of new members at the end of the academic year.
- To reinforce the ideals of the athletic department and Mustang family