Assistant Coach Steve Lutz sent this to me one day. I really like it and thought I would share it with you.
1. I believe I'm a work in progress and there will always be a gap between whom I am and who I want to be.
2. I believe every day brings opportunities to learn and do something meaningful.
3. I believe the true test of my character is whether I do the right thing even when it might cost more than I want to pay.
4. I believe no matter how I behave, some people will be mean-spirited, dishonest, irresponsible, and unkind, but if I fight fire with fire, all I'll end up with are the ashes of my own integrity.
5. I believe life is full of joys and sorrows and my happiness will depend on how well I handle each.
6. I believe pain is inevitable but suffering is optional, and if I can control my attitudes, I can control my life.
7. I believe kindness matters and snide comments and badly timed criticisms can cause lasting hurt.
8. I believe there's joy in gratitude and freedom in forgiveness, but both require conscientious effort.
9. I believe what is fun or pleasurable is not always good for me and what is good for me is not always fun or pleasurable.
10. I believe no one is happy all the time, but in the end I can be as happy as I'm willing to be.
11. I believe the surest road to happiness is good relationships.